A Healthy Digestive Track and your Immune System!
Did you know that 80% of your immune system is affected by your GI’s (think digestive system) health? Well it is and a healthy digestive system means a strong immune system. Immune system health is important to fight off illness and disease. During times of illness anti-biotics often play a role in restoring health. Unfortunately anti-biotics can kill both good and bad bacteria.
Good Bacteria? You bet. Like the kinds found in your digestive system assisting with the complete digestion and absorption of the food you eat. The good bacteria’s ensure that your digestive system is healthy, which means your immune system is healthy.
How can the good bacteria be increased?
Two ways…..Pre-biotics and Pro-biotics.
Pre-Biotics: Ferment in the stomach to produce good bacteria. Great sources are yogurt and believe it or not whey protein.
Pro-Biotics: Pro-Biotics differ from the Pre-Biotics because they will survive stomach acid and move further down the digestive track. Pro-Biotics can be found refrigerated at quality health food stores and most chiropractic offices. Real Pro-Biotics will have 109 (1 billion or 10 billion). The products do have a shelf life and MUST be refrigerated, check both.
Try using both Pre (Yogurt) and Pro-Biotics (from health food store):
Pre-Biotics + Pro-Biotics = Synbiotics
This article is intended for informational purposes only. It is not intended to treat or cure disease of any type. Consult a physician with questions and before trying on your own.
*This article is the property of FitWorkz.com and Ergoteknix Inc. No part may be reproduced with out expressed, written permission and consent of FitWorkz.com or Ergoteknix Inc.
I blogged about this last week and am going to do it again. Before I get started I want to share a few things I received by email. I get these emails almost EVERY DAY from people just like you that are actually making GREAT progress!
My name is Ann Cheladyn, I am the Administrator for FitWorkz, and I am just like you. I’ve struggled with my weight and health for the past 10+ years, but 2013 will be different because I now have the power of FitWorkz behind me!
This is me now, my “before picture”. I’m not happy about it, and I don’t like looking at it. I’m sure many of you have one of these floating around as well, if you haven’t already destroyed it! It’s time to crush that fear of cameras, get healthy, and lose this weight once and for all. We can do it together! Join me on my blog @FitWorkz.com to hear my story, follow my progress and learn how I’m getting the weight off. This will be a forum for all of us to support each other, share successes and struggles, learn some training tips, and have some fun while we shed the pounds, lose inches and improve our overall health in 2013. Come join me!
These are my “way before” pictures, back in the day when I was young, healthy, strong and an athlete. In my mind this is still me, but my body tells another story. These pictures were taken before the diagnosis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia, before the responsibilities of adulthood and family, and before the years of compounding health issues. During the past 12 years I have dealt with (along with the CFS and Fibro) ulcers, sinus surgery, infertility treatment (and all of the wonderful drugs that go with it), nine miscarriages, endometriosis, and was finally blessed with the miracle of having a child. To add to the fun, I owned a salon 28 miles away with 12 employees. All different ages, all female, a lot of drama, and a lot of stress!
I’m not throwing a pity party here, this was my reality. You don’t have time to get healthy? Been there. You’re dealing with chronic pain or health problems? I’ve definitely been there and still am. Like I said earlier, I AM JUST LIKE YOU! I get it. Life constantly throws obstacles in our way, but at some point in time we have a decision to make. Do we want these things to control us, or do we control them? AKA-ROCK BOTTOM. That moment came for me in the spring of 2012. (I’ll get more into that later in the blog). We will address these and other issues that have kept many of us from reaching our goals for way too long.
Why am I putting all of this out there? Because I have goals too and what gets written GETS DONE. And, what gets published in a public blog really gets done! I feel very fortunate to have found the right sources of help to get myself off of prescription drugs, get good guidance on nutrition, and to have become part of the team here at Fitworkz (you’ll get that story too!). I want to pay it forward by sharing what I’ve learned and what it has done for me with all of you. I want to hear from you with feedback, questions and suggestions on what you would like to hear about as well. I may not have all the answers, but together we will find them! Together, in 2013, we will take control of our health once and for all! That said, here are my goals for the next 12 months:
Goal 1: This shirt! I absolutely had to have it, but they did not have my size. I bought a size smaller, and I WILL wear this to work before 1/31/13
Goal 2: 20 pounds gone by my birthday, February 22nd
Goal 3: 60 pounds gone by my son’s birthday in June
Goal 4: (this is the Big Daddy!) 100 POUNDS GONE BY 12/31/13
I may not bring back the Big Hair from my glory days, but by utilizing the easy to follow Eat By Color guidelines for a healthy eating plan, and the pre-designed workout program (slightly modified for me), I WILL have that strong, athletic body once again! Follow my blog and we’ll be in this fight together. Let’s get it done. It won’t always be easy, it will be a lot of work, but having a support system is a huge advantage over tackling this on your own. You’ll also get rewarded with some special goodies throughout the year for taking part in this challenge. It starts with posting your goals! I look forward to hearing from all of you and getting to meet you in person at FitWorkz!
Want to get started now? Why wait for the next blog post? Through 2/7/13 FitWorkz is offering a 30 day Personal Training Experience for only $59.00. This is an incredible value for the support and information you will be getting! Also, starting at FitWorkz is only $19.99 as well. Check out the website for all the details. AND, here’s your first Blog Follower Special! Stop in and pick up a copy of Eat By Color written by Ray Binkowski, Owner of FitWorkz, and get $5.00 off! Eat By Color is an easy to follow approach to healthy eating. I just finished my first week and lost 4.2 pounds! (I even snuck in a visit to McDonalds, a bowl of ice cream, and some chicken nuggets) I am done with crazy, unsustainable fad diet plans. Eat By Color is definitely something I can adhere to for the rest of my life.
Until next time,
**You can also reach me at Ann@FitWorkz.com, I’d love to hear your stories too!
Are you trying to lose weight?
Did you set a 2013 resolution?
Start the new year off with a ton of motivation to lose weight?
Fit in a bikini on spring break.
Maybe you were or are fed up of being fed up with how you look and feel.
It does to me. I have seen tons of comments, statements, and questions on Facebook and other social media outlets.
The passion to change is awesome! So why are so many of you wasting it?
How so? I have seen a BUNCH of you posting how many calories you cut, meals skipped, calories burned doing cardio, double workouts, hours of cardio.
STOP!!! These things will NOT work. Change that if you have cut calories enough and done enough cardio you may squeeze your smaller self into that bikini but guess what…you will NOT have that sculpted, toned, lean look you want. Plus as a bonus you are likely to gain all that weight back and as a bonus a few extra pounds.
In less than the last three weeks I have heard the following from clients following “Eat by Color” and training at FitWorkz. Their statements are below click to see them tell you their story in their own words!
- I quit running, am eating more and losing inches, my legs are toning with out running.
- I have lost over 60 lbs and cut my cardio from 6 hours a week to about and hour a week.
- I was a runner for 10 years, and have cut it almost completely to nothing, I am eating more and working with Henry twice a week. I am down over a dress size.
- Not good enough? How about this one. I fit in a dress I have not worn in 20 years!
Guess what they are NOT doing
Cutting calories, doing hours of cardio or some other short term program that is a LONG term Failure! Read that again! And again! And again!
2012 was an incredible year.
2012 the highlights
- Lindsay lost over 61lbs and 6 dress sizes in less than a year.
- Training a NIU fullback and helping him get picked up by the 49ers as an un-drafted free agent.
- Tom has lost over 40 lbs since September using “Eat by Color.”
- Linda reports that her cholesterol levels are the lowest they have been since the 1980’s thanks to training with Rose and “Eat by Color.” Oh she has also lost a dress size plus!
- Mary reporting she can wear a dress that has not fit in 20 years, and having her husband tell her it is too big on her, thanks to working with Judy and “Eat by Color.”
- Former trainer and long time Wright Athletic Employee Eran Gwillim is nearing the end of Medical School…Congrats Dr. to be!
- Jim having a coworker ask him why in 25 years he is the only company employee that looks like he has not aged…Jim’s answer exercise.
- Larry saying his doctor can not believe where his numbers are and at almost 60 he reports being in the best shape of his life thanks to Rose!
- Tony losing over 50 lbs and having honor of buying him lunch for doing so!
- Publishing “Eat by Color” in print and digital media formats.
- Hearing “I can’t believe how comfortable I am at FitWorkz” from boomers that have never been gym members and were scared to death to join a gym…until coming to FitWorkz that is.
- Helping Emmanuel drop inches with “Eat by Color” and FitWorkz.
- Ending the “Eat by Color” contest and seeing the incredible change people can make.
- Seeing local college athletes home for the holidays back in to Athletic Republic to train with us.
- Watching bowl games and seeing our Athletic Republic athletes playing and one a cheerleader for Wisconsin. Thanks for letting up be a part of your process enroute to college!
- George having his cardiologist tell him “you are doing more with exercise than we can do with medicine” after training with Henry.
- Amy at 42 years of age asking in January if it would be possible for her to wear a bikini on her 20th wedding anniversary in June…yes. She worked with Henry, followed “Eat by Color” and yes wore the bikini!
- WOW!!! FitWorkz is much larger than it looks from the road. I love how much space and equipment is in here!
- “I opted for a personal trainer instead of surgery and have toned my legs. I quit running and am shocked at the changes with out running.”
New for 2013
- Marrying technology and fitness
- The “Eat by Color” app for mobile devices is coming here is a snapshot of the beta version
- A FREE Blue Print for Success in 2013, Click and GET IT FREE!
- Evolution Training has already arrived, try it for FREE!
- More training, education, and empowering the community to achieve health, wellness, and weightloss.
- Awesome blog posts with great life transformation stories, recipes, exercise info and more!