Secret to Success from former NIU football player and Fitworkz sports performance athlete Marckie Hayes! Once again we sit down with an athlete that we happened to have the chance to train. Marckie’s story is one more than included the power of setting a goal, creating a plan and then executing the plan until the goal is reached. Athletes and celebrities are high visibility people that we often think are just that good. There is always a back story, a struggle, hard work and overcoming obstacles before they are “good.”
This is the second in a series of videos we are doing with athletes. If you are reading this and thinking I am not an athlete what does this have to do with me? Simple. No matter what you want to accomplish in live the process is the same. Goal, Plan, Execute, Repeat. Expect to fail. Accept it as part of the process. Just keep going. Just like Marckie did.
Below is an excerpt from our Exercise Galore, The Beginners Guide to Weight Training
There is a great deal of information in this book on exercise. Over one hundred exercises, descriptions, pictures, and videos. There are results producing training programs in the Appendix. Everything you need to reach your goals and create a lifestyle of health, wellness, and weightloss. Unfortunately, this book will do nothing for you if you do not execute. In other words you have to take action to make it happen. Action starts with a goal and reason. There is no skipping this step. Check out the action plan or steps below to jump start the process.
1. Find Your Reason, there has to be a WHY
2. Set a Goal and Write it DownGet a Plan,
3. “Eat by Color”
4. Make Sure you Can Execute the Plan for the Rest of Your Life
5. Tell the World, Leverage the Power of Social Media
6. Join a Group, Again Leverage the Power of Social Media
7. Accomplish a Big Change by Slowly Adding up Small Changes
8. Resistance Training is a Must, 2-3 Hours a Week of the RIGHT Training will do
9. You Probably Don’t Need Cardio, Seriously You Don’t
10. If You have been Successful at Something in Your Life, Retrace Your Steps and Apply to your Health, Wellness, and Weighloss and you will Find Success
NO One is Made at the Factory to be Fat, Skinny, Toned, etc.!
Raymond M. Binkowski is the owner of FitWorkz a hybrid training gym in DeKalb, IL, author, and trainer. He has lost over 60 pounds and kept it off for over 15 years. Ray’s books Eat by Color, Get Fit and Live Healthy, and Exercise Galore can all be found on Amazon! He has worked with thousands including professional athletes, police/fire/military, physique competitors, even corporations like 3M, and most often people looking to make a long term change in health, wellness, and weightloss. Plus the Get Fit and Live Healthy podcast. The podcast is FREE on Itunes.
Follow us for daily exercise, motivation, and recipes! #EatbyColor @EatbyColor EatbyColor.com facebook.com/EatbyColor Snapchat EatbyColor