Help Wanted Trainer
Personal Trainers and Coaches Wanted in the DeKalb/Sycamore Area
My business is dedicated to helping people of all ages achieve their health and fitness goals in the DeKalb and Sycamore areas through customized nutrition and fitness programs. In a nutshell, WE CHANGE LIVES!
I’m always looking for a enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic people to start training some of our current clients.
I currently offer one-on-one customized nutrition and fitness programs, group coaching classes and nutrition counseling which educate, motivate, and support men, women, and teens to improve their health and fitness. In our Sports Performance facility we train athletes age 5 through professional. To date 1,000 athletes have trained with us and over 90 have gone on to collegiate sports.
If you are hired for this coaching position, you’ll begin coaching clients up to five days per week. This is not your typical personal training position. You will NOT get a session here or there but real scheduled hours for work. The position offers real income and career potential.
Bottom line: you’ll get at least 20-40 hours per week of coaching work. FitWorkz offers a casual, fun environment, nice training equipment and the opportunity to learn the inner-workings of a hybrid training gym.
Oh yeah, I’m also very fair, respectful and appreciative. I like having fun and making money providing highly valuable fitness services and products. You will be compensated fairly, treated fairly and I will certainly look for ways to pay you more for your efforts if they warrant it. I want someone who enjoys working with people and making a difference in the lives of others… because that’s what we do at FitWorkz. WE CHANGE LIVES!
- * Tracking Client Progress: In order to ensure a client’s success in our programs, you’ll need to track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise log worksheets and more on a weekly basis. It will be your job to hold a client accountable to his/her health and fitness program to ensure the best results possible.
- * Perform Fitness Evaluations: Ideally, you’ll have some fitness assessment skills and can test for: body composition, bodyweight, girth measurements, blood pressure, heart rate and various strength and flexibility tests. You do not need previous experience, but if you do, that’s a bonus, I can train you.
- * Coach clients through programming: You’ll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions and keeping detailed weekly progress reports on the clients your working with. If a client is having challenges throughout his/her program, you’ll coach and motivate the client and make appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress.
- * Demonstrate Proper Exercise Instruction: This is a big one. I need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction, and motivation during a client training session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc) and be able to provide appropriate exercises for client’s goals.
- * Provide Ongoing Health and Fitness Education: Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness coach to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that will empower them to lead healthy lives forever. You’ll be provided with educational tools and resources, will be expected to study them and speak about them with your clients. We also spend time covering this in our weekly staff meetings.
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- * Good Communication Skills: you will be talking with my clients, who are VERY important to me. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone and know how to conduct yourself professionally, and deliver clear instructions to the clients. I’ll teach you everything you need to do during a training session, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
- * People skills and personality- must LOVE working with people! As mentioned above you must be very comfortable working with people. This is an exciting facility and you must be able to show your clients energy and enthusiasm while working with them.
- * Health and Fitness Education: You do not need personal training experience, but you should have a working knowledge of health and fitness.
- * High School Diploma: Required.
- *Must be pursuing certification as a personal trainer or bachelors level education in exercise science, kinesiology, or sport management.
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because these are not mandatory).
- * Previous personal training experience (fitness studio, health club, in-home trainer, etc.)
- * Basic nutrition knowledge
- * National Certification
- * Kinesiology Degree
- * CPR Certified
How to Apply
I’m looking to hire the right person relatively quickly. So if this position sounds like a good fit for you, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Thanks very much for your interest,
P.S. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. Performance is everything to me. If you perform, you will be rewarded. I want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing good work and taking care of our clients. Most importantly I want someone that has a passion for sharing fitness with others. We CHANGE LIVES at FitWorkz! If that’s you, I promise a REAL career opportunity where you can make REAL money! I recognize and reward performance!
With all that said, enthusiasm and a positive attitude go a long way in my book. I’m a very positive, upbeat business owner and appreciate those qualities in others. As long as you have the basic skills I mentioned, and a great attitude, you’re definitely a candidate! So submit your information today!